The robotics journals and the proceedings of the main robotics conferences (ie, ICRA and IROS) contain a significant number of aerial robotics papers in many cases authored or co-authored by members of the Technical Committee.
The chairs also devoted significant efforts to produce review papers devoted to analyzing the current state of aerial robotics and its different subfields, as well as to predict the evolution. In the last three years the following review papers were produced to review the field:
- “Aerial manipulation: A literature review“, F Ruggiero, V Lippiello, A Ollero. IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters 3 (3), 1957-1964, 2018.
- “Past, Present and Future of Aerial Robotic Manipulators”, A Ollero, M. Tognon, D. J. Lee and A. Franchi. IEEE Transactions on Robotics, 2021, 10.1109/TRO.2021.3084395.
- G. Loianno and D. Scaramuzza. Special issue on future challenges and opportunities in vision-based drone navigation. J. Field Robot., 2020. doi: 10.1002/rob.21962.
- G. Loianno and D. Scaramuzza, and V. Kumar. Special Issue on High-Speed Vision-Based Autonomous Navigation of UAVs. Field Robot., 2018 doi: 10.1002/rob.21773
Moreover, the Journal JINT publishes every year a special issue on unmanned aerial systems.
The following book was produced by one of the co-chairs in the topic of the Interest Group 2:
- “Aerial robotic manipulation”, edited by A. Ollero and B. Siciliano (Springer, 2019)
Handbooks and encyclopedia
- “Encyclopedia of Robotics“. Editors: Ang, Marcelo H., Khatib, Oussama, and Siciliano, Bruno. Springer. Contribution with 20 Chapters. Coordinated by A. Ollero.
- New edition of the “Handbook of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles” Edited by K. Valavanis, and G. Vachtsevanos, Springer.