Dedicated UAS Conferences organized by TC-Chairs
- International Conference on Unmanned Aerial Systems (ICUAS), formerly UAV Conference, organized yearly.
ICUAS is the successor of the annual UAV Symposiums that took place between 2008 and 2010. ICUAS’11 was held in Denver CO, USA, and ICUAS’12 in Philadelphia PA,USA. They had a Workshop/Tutorial day, followed by a three day technical Conference.
- ICUAS 2013 . The IEEE 2013 International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems. May 28-31, 2013, Grand Hyatt Atlanta
- Research, Development and Education on Unmanned Aerial Systems (RED-UAS), Seville, Nov.30 and Dec 1, 2011),. http://www.red-uas.com/
The Workshop was attended by more than 150 attendants. The program included 50 presentations, two plenary presentations, a poster session, two round tables, 6 field demonstrations of both fixed wing and helicopter UAVs and indoor demonstration in the Centre for Advanced Aerospace Technologies (FADA-CATEC).
- IROS 2012 Workshop “Aerial Physically acting robots” (AIRPHARO) co-organized by the ARUAV TC.
- This workshop included presentations related to the main scientific and technological topics related to aerial robots physically interacting between them and with the environment including the cooperation of several aerial robots. The presentations covered methods and technologies dealing with simulations and implementations by using quadrotors, helicopters and fixed wing aerial robotic platforms and relevant application scenarios. The program also included demonstrations.
- RED-UAS Workshop on Research, Education and Development of Unmanned Aerial Systems
Workshops outside RAS conferences
- IEEE/ASME MESA (mechatronics and embedded systems and applications) Workshops 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012;
- euRobotics Forum Workshop on “Aerial robots physically interacting with the environment” March 2012 in Odense (Denmark)
- UAV Handbook published
- “Handbook of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles” K. Valavanis, and G. Vachtsevanos (editors), Springer 2014. 126 Chapters in 5 Volumes (3,000 pages)